Thursday, April 2, 2015

Vision Beyond Print


My class and I were given the opportunity to tour Bolger Printing last week. Bolger works with clients including corporate, agency and high-fashion sectors, such as Cobalt Condos, Nars and Aveda. I was able to see first-hand how each step of the printing process works, all the way until the finished product.  Prior to the tour, my professor would talk about the "10 color KBA 105 UV press" and I would have no idea what she was referring to.  But now, I have a better understanding of how the printers work and what a coating can do to enhance the final product. One of my favorite parts of the tour was when we were able to look at some of Bolger's completed posters, catalogs, brochures and advertisements. They were all presented on a bulliten board, and each design was different from the next. Our tour guide, Rob, had a story to tell about every single one. I enjoyed getting the chance to feel the texture of the prints and see the fine details up close. 

I never realized how much time, effort, decision making and thought was put into simply printing something, but that is what makes Bolger one of the best at what it does. The employees aren't afraid to take the time to send the product back and forth with their clients because they want the finished product to show off the complexity of Bolger's printing and be something that everyone is proud of. I feel special that I was given the change to meet such creative professionals and gain so much intellect during my tour at Bolger - Vision Beyond Print.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment